Resveratrol, NMN and NR: Supplements helping defy the effects of ageing
Whether we want to admit it or not, we all dream of living as long as possible and retaining a youthful touch – be it for health or looks. These days, there are many products on the market that make bold anti-aging claims, with varying levels of real success.
Ultimately, there’s no need to search for the Fountain of Youth. There are three naturally occurring products in our body that can unlock the secret to staying younger for longer. Seriously – this is no joke.
These compounds in our bodies are called Resveratrol, Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN), and NR (Nicotinamide Riboside). People around the world are discovering how taking these supplements can deliver enormous health benefits. Now you’re about to, too.
Resveratrol is responsible for activating sirtuin genes, which are a class of proteins involved in our metabolic regulation. They are responsible for our cellular health, but they are only found in the presence of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+), which decreases as we get older. Essentially, Resveratrol increases the activation of these sirtuin cells for improved cell health.
While looking good is one thing, feeling even better and keeping up a balanced sense of wellbeing is another. This supplement has been proven to improve cardiovascular function. It reduces inflammation in the heart, minimises oxidative stress, and decreases hypertension and cardiovascular disease risk. That’s a whole lot of advantages ready and ripe for the taking.
What are the benefits of Resveratrol?
This supplement is a bit like a super-charged antioxidant. It comes in high concentrations in grapes and berries, which is why it is also present in red and white wine. However, it offers other health benefits for your body, including:
- Treating high blood pressure: High blood pressure leads to heart disease, strokes, kidney disease, and dementia. As our arteries stiffen with age, we become more susceptible to this. Resveratrol helps ease the strain on your artery walls, resulting in lower blood pressure.
- Better brain function: As it is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent, this supplement will fight beta-amyloid, which causes a range of neurological disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease.
- Improved cholesterol: When used in tandem with a high-protein, high-polyunsaturated fat diet, this supplement will improve your blood health and reduce cholesterol build-ups in the artery walls.
- Fighting obesity: Low insulin sensitivity can lead to insulin resistance, which means your cells can’t absorb as much glucose. This can lead to severe diseases like type 2 diabetes, and it is also going to make it harder to maintain a healthy body weight. This supplement can help raise your insulin sensitivity to allow your cells to use glucose more effectively and reduce your blood sugar.
- It can slow down cancer: It needs to be made clear that this is not a cure for cancer. But it can help slow and inhibit cancer cell growth, which means it is beneficial in tandem with proper cancer treatment.
- Ease joint pain: This can protect cartilage from breaking down, which can lead to arthritis. For joints where there is already broken down cartilage, the anti-inflammatory qualities of this supplement will ease the pain.
- Longer life: By activating the genes responsible for fighting the impacts of aging, you are more likely to live longer than someone who isn’t taking Resveratrol.
What does it do for your skin?
As cells degrade through time, they become impacted by environmental influences. Resveratrol’s impact on your cells means they will resist these factors and protect the skin surface for a brighter look and a reduction in redness and blemishes.
What is the source of Resveratrol?
Some foods have natural resources, including peanuts, pistachios, grapes, blueberries, and cranberries. The good news? It is also present in red and white wine and chocolate, so don’t be afraid to treat yourself.
Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN)
Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (NAD+) is a coenzyme that occurs naturally in our body and is vital for all of our cellular functions. Think of these as tiny helper molecules for our enzymes that enable our cells’ biochemical reactions required for life.
NAD+ is essential for life and is the most abundant molecule in our body besides water. They also provide the environment in which sirtuin genes survive, which means they are crucial to skin and overall body health. The problem is that NAD+ levels will plummet as we get older, reducing our cells’ health.
As Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) is a precursor to NAD+, it can be used as a natural supplement that acts as a booster and increases our NAD+ levels. As well as protecting your cells and DNA through the production of NAD+, research has shown that NMN is also highly beneficial in its own right, and has shown promise in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and other neurological disorders.
Nicotinamide Riboside (NR)
This is a vitamin from the B3 family, found in a range of healthy food products like fruits, vegetables, meat, and milk. It is used for its anti-aging properties and has been used to combat high cholesterol and obesity. It is also another precursor for NAD+, so can be used in tandem with NMN to boost your body’s natural supplies as you age.
How do Resveratrol, NMN and NR work together?
While Resveratrol is a way to activate the sirtuin in our body, this alone won’t have benefits when it comes to our metabolism, aging process, DNA, and overall health.
Activating the sirtuin genes in our body will only be effective if they have fuel to function. Nicotinamide Mononucleotide is a NAD booster, creating the healthy environment and energy that sirtuin needs to thrive.
By the time we reach 50, we only have half as many NAD+ as we did when we were 20. NMN is vital to revive NAD+. NR is another booster, so combining the two will give you more chance of raising these levels and improving your cell health.
How long does it take them to work together?
These supplements take effect almost immediately, with NAD+ levels beginning to rise after about an hour and your sirtuin levels not long after that.
It will take a little longer before you start to notice any physical difference, though. Most people who use these supplements begin to notice a difference in about 2-3 weeks.
Are there any side effects?
No matter what we are taking, we always need to ensure that it is safe. The good news is that all three of these supplements have been rigorously tested on humans and are entirely safe to take.
The only side effects you might experience would come from human error, including:
- Resveratrol: There are no known side effects, as long as it is taken at the proper dosage. Like any vitamin or medicine, you need to be guided by the experts and take the appropriate amount. Excess volumes can lead to nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. If you take substantial doses over a long period, it can impact your liver health as well. This is true of everything you take, though, so ensure you are only taking the required dose.
- NMN: There have been no recorded side effects documented in humans – only positive benefits like improvements on your metabolism, brain function, skin, liver, muscle and bone, heart health, immune system, and ultimately your overall lifespan.
- NR: There are no side effects as long as you stick to the recommended dose. If you take excess amounts (over 6mg) on an empty stomach, you might experience nausea, indigestion, headaches, and fatigue. No matter what you are ingesting, it is always recommended to stick to the advised dosage amount.
Can these products cause methyl group depletion?
This is a common debate on the internet, where there have been theories raised that NMN and NR can reduce methyl groups in your body and impact your health.
A methyl group is a molecule that contains one carbon atom with three hydrogen atoms. These molecules assist in methylation – an essential bodily process for many functions, including waste removal.
Niacin derivatives like NMN and NR do require these methyl groups. This has led to questions about whether these supplements could entirely deplete your body of methyl groups, which would be highly dangerous.
Your methyl groups are monitored in blood tests. There is no factual evidence that has shown NMN or NR can deplete your body of them. Have regular blood tests in consultation with your GP. If you are running low on them, discuss a plan with your doctor.
Where can I buy Resveratrol, NMN, and NR?
Eternum Labs was formed in Australia with a mission to provide people all over the world with supplements that provide health and vitality, and fight the effects of aging.
Our products have been tested from start to finish, offering the highest possible quality. Our flagship NMN (Nicotinamide mononucleotide) and Resveratrol continue to lead our legacy on the market, offering powerful wellness benefits to the Australian market. Choose to purchase these independently or together, and if you have any questions, our expert team is on hand to help you. We’re here to ensure you’re able to achieve your health goals – no matter what they are.
Of course, we understand there are many sites you can also snatch up supplements from, but it’s essential to check on the quality before consuming them. All Eternum Labs products are guaranteed to be genuine, pure, and available at the most competitive prices. Be assured that the product you are getting is authentic, safe, and doesn’t contain any contaminants. In other words – know what you’re taking.
We pride ourselves on our customer focus, and we are always on hand to help you find the product that’s right for you. Our team can also assist with questions about all of the latest research on these supplements. To find out more, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to store them
The most effective way to store your supplements is in a cool, dark place. Resveratrol is light-sensitive and will turn brown if exposed to rays, which also reduces its effectiveness. The best place to keep it is in your refrigerator in a sealed container.
How yoghurt will help you retain your youth
To achieve vitality, good health, and long life, you will need more than just supplements. While these products will arm your body with the tools it needs, they need to be taken in tandem with a healthy diet and lifestyle that includes regular exercise.
Resveratrol absorption is up to five times lower without fat accompanying it, so the ideal way to consume it is with healthy yoghurt at breakfast. This is a natural, healthy fat that will allow your body to absorb the supplement properly without breaking your diet.
Harvard scientific doctor David Sinclair is a walking advertisement for Resveratrol and Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN). According to his birth certificate, he is 52 years old in 2021, but his body makeup is that of a much younger man.
Biologically, he has the same genetic makeup as a 40-year-old. There are no grey hairs, he has a slim and healthy physique, and there is barely a crease on his youthful-looking face.
Dr. Sinclair is co-director of the Paul F Glenn Center for Biology of Aging Research at Harvard Medical School but looks more like a student than a senior leader. He avoids direct sunlight, and always wears sunscreen when he can’t avoid it because of the damage the sun can do to our DNA. He also avoids X-rays, CT scans, and other scanners that can accelerate aging. He lives a healthy and active life, eats wholesome foods, and uses intermittent fasting to stay slim.
It’s no surprise, then, that he is a strong advocate for Resveratrol and Nicotinamide Mononucleotide – as he looks younger today than he did at 40.
Moreover, he has devoted much of his work towards fighting the signs of aging, and is known for his thought that there’s no reason anybody couldn’t live up to 20 years longer with these simple supplements.
He travels the world to share his message and research – telling professionals at the 18th Hindustan Times Leadership Summit: “Aging is going to happen… We are not going to live forever … But can we try to live another 5 or 10 or 20 years longer, healthily? Absolutely … There is no law that says that we couldn’t live longer.”
- NMN Nicotinamide Mononucleotide 30 X 250mg Serve Rated 4.91 out of 5
From: $89.97— or subscribe and save 10%
- Resveratrol Rated 4.90 out of 5
From: $57.97— or subscribe and save 10%
- B1 Rated 5.00 out of 5
- Lion's Mane Hericium Erinaceus Mushroom Extract Supplement Rated 4.91 out of 5From: $59.97
- NMN + Resveratrol Rated 4.95 out of 5
From: $297.97— or subscribe and save 10%